三、阅读理解 B 部分：
In the movies and on television, artificial intelligence is typicallydepicted as something sinister that will upend our way of life. When it comes toAI in business, we often hear about it in relation to automation and theimpending loss of jobs, but in what ways is AI changing companies and the largereconomy that don’t involve doom-and-gloom mass unemployment predictions?
A recent survey of manufacturing and service industries from TataConsultancy Services found that companies currently use AI more often incomputer-to-computer activities than in automating human activities. One commonapplication? Preventing electronic security breaches, which, rather thaneliminating IT jobs, actually makes those personnel more valuable to employers,because they help firms prevent hacking attempts.
Here are a few other ways AI is aiding companies without replacingemployees:
Better hiring practices
Companies are using artificial intelligence to remove some of theunconscious bias from hiring decisions. “There are experiments that show that,naturally, the results of interviews are much more biased than what AI does,”says Pédro Domingos, author of The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for theUltimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World and a computer science41_____________ One company that’s doing this is called Blendoor. It usesanalytics to help identify where there may be bias in the hiring process.
More effective marketing
Some AI software can analyze and optimize marketing email subject lines toincrease open rates. One company in the UK, Phrasee, claims their software canoutperform humans by up to 10 percent when it comes to email open rates. Thiscan mean millions more in revenue. 42_________These are “tools that help peopleuse data, not a replacement for people,” says Patrick H. Winston, a professor ofartificial intelligence and computer science at MIT.
Saving customers money
Energy companies can use AI to help customers reduce their electricitybills, saving them money while helping the environment. Companies can alsooptimize their own energy use and cut down on the cost of electricity. Insurancecompanies, meanwhile, can base their premiums on AI models that more accuratelyaccess risk. “Before, they might not insure the ones who felt like a high riskor charge them too much,” says Domingos, 43____________
“Machine learning often provides a more reliable form of statistics, whichmakes data more valuable,” says Winston. It “helps people make smarterdecisions.” 44___________
Protecting and maintaining infrastructure
A number of companies, particularly in energy and transportation, use AIimage processing technology to inspect infrastructure and prevent equipmentfailure or leaks before they happen. “If they fail first and then you fix them,it’s very expensive,” says Domingos. 45_______
[A] I replaces the boring parts of your job. If you’re doing research, youcan have AI go out and look for relevant sources and information that otherwiseyou just wouldn’t have time for.
[B] One accounting firm, EY, uses an AI system that helps review contractsduring an audit. This process, along with employees reviewing the contracts, isfaster and more accurate.
[C] There are also companies like Acquisio, which analyzes advertisingperformance across multiple channels like Adwords, Bing and social media andmakes adjustments or suggestions about where advertising funds will yield bestresults.
[D] You want to predict if something needs attention now and point to whereit’s useful for employees to go to.
[E] Before, they might not insure the ones who felt like a high risk orcharge them too much, or they would charge them too little and then it wouldcost [the company] money.
[F] We’re also giving our customers better channels versus picking up thephone to accomplish something beyond human scale.
[G] AI looks at résumés in greater numbers than humans would be able to,and selects the more promising candidates.
41. 根据本段的小标题“Better hiring practices”可知，本段内容是想要讲AI在招聘中的使用。通读段落，不难在段落中发现“useAI to remove some of the unconscious bias from hiringdecisions”(使用AI去除雇佣决策中无意识的偏见);“the results of interviews are much more biasedthan what AIdoes”(面试结果要比AI面试结果更有偏见性)。根据以上信息，可以得知41空中填入的选项应该与“AI”，“招聘”，“雇佣”以及“AI比人类更为出色”等关键信息有关，在七个选项中，只有G选项“AIlooks at resume in greater numbers than humans would be able to，and selects themore promising candidates.”满足条件，其中“resume”表示“履历”;“than humans would be ableto”表示“比人类做得好”;“selects the more promisingcandidates”表示“挑选更有前途希望的候选人”。因此，本题选G。
42. 根据本段小标题“More effective marketing”可知，本段将会谈及更高效的营销策略。本段第二句和第三句“Onecompany in the UK” 给了我们一个公司的例子，这个例子表示了AI对于公司收入的促进“This can mean millions more inrevenue.”，因此42处要填的内容应该继续与AI对于营销的正面影响有关，除此之外，42空之后的“These are tools that helppeople”表明42中提及到了复数tools工具的概念，且这些概念对于人类是正向的。考虑到以上所有因素，C选项为正确选项。C中“There are alsocompanies”与文中“One company in the UK” 呼应;C中还提及“multiplechannels”与文中“tools”呼应，C选项末句提及“yield best results”与文中“This
can mean millions morein revenue.”呼应，因此本题选C。
43. 本段小标题为“Saving customers money”，表明本段内容与为消费者省钱有关。在本段第三句中提及到了“Insurancecompanies can base their premium on AI models that more accurately assess therisk.”，即，“保险公司使用的AI模型能够更精确的评估风险。”，因此本题应该选择E选项，因为E中同样也提及了“they might not insurethe ones who felt like a high risk or charge them toomuch.”即，“他们不会为高危人群保险，或会收取他们高额费用”，与文中具有相关性，因此本题选E。
44. 本段小标题为“Improved accuracy”表明本段内容与AI促进精确度有关。段落中提及“provides a morereliable form of statistics，which makes data morevaluable.”，谈及到了AI提供了更可靠与更有价值的的数据。因此，44应该填选项B，因为B中提及“faster”和“more accurate”.
45. 本段小标题为“Protecting and maintaininginfrastructure”即，“保护维持基础设施”。在本段中，提及了“inspect infrastructure”，“prevent equipmentfailure or leaks”即，“检查基础设施，预防设备故障”，后文又提及“If they fail first and then you fixthem，it’s veryexpensive”，即，“如果一开始出了故障，然后再去维修，费用会很高。”，根据以上分析可知，本段主要在叙述预防设施故障，D选项表示“如果提前预测到了，就可以让有经验员工去处理”与本段含义一致。因此本题选择D选项。